Saturday, February 25, 2012

14 weeks! January 17, 2012

14 Weeks (January 17, 2012)
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a lemon (mind you, our baby measured larger then the estimated 2 inches at our 10 weeks appt--I may or may not be giving birth to a toddler!). This is what babycenter.com has to say about Gummy Bear's journey:

How your baby's growing:
Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 12 lbs, as of my OB appt this week. I worry that it is too much but my OB assured me that it is all good and to just relax, lol.

Maternity Clothes: Yup, aside from sweat pants almost everything I wear is maternity. I still need to order maternity scrubs, I mean we are getting down to the stitch, lol,

Gender: No idea--we'll find out on Feb 10. I do have nursery themes and names picked out for each sex!

Movement: Nope, not yet, but I'm excited for that to happen.

What I miss: Nothing really.

Sleep: Good, I usually wake up about 3 and a half hours after I fall asleep to pee and then another time before I wake up but I figure that isn't too bad.

Symptoms: My main symptom is my hyper sensitive gag reflex. If I cough I gag--it's disgusting!

Cravings: I'm still on the Mexican kick, love it!

Best Moment this week: Finding out that I am not gaining too much weight, lol.

What I am looking forward to: The main thing I am looking forward to is finding out the baby's sex, I can't wait to find out if it is a little girl or a boy!

Here are the pictures of little Jelly Bean and her/his incubator for the next 9 months:




No comments: