Sunday, March 18, 2012

22 weeks! March 4, 2012

22 Weeks (March 4, 2012)
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 22 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a spaghetti squash. He is 11 inches in length and has finally hit the one pound mark.

How your baby's growing:
His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 20 lbs, as of my OB appt two weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's more then that now and it's too much, but at this point there is little I can do about it.

Maternity Clothes: All maternity clothing with the exception to some sweat pants and hubby's clothing, lol.

Gender: Boy!!! Colin Wilson.

Movement: Yep, quite a bit lately. I love knowing it's him--I feel like he just checks in to say hey!

What I miss: Moving better. I feel huge.

Sleep: Ok, I've actually been sleeping better, not getting up quite as much to pee which is nice.

Symptoms: I just feel big and out of shape. For someone who was so used to working out and being "fit" this is wearing on me. I wish I would have been better about staying in shape when I found out I was preggo. ;/

Cravings: Nothing really.

Best Moment this week: Just feeling little man move more, I love it!

What I am looking forward to: Scheduling our 4 day ultrasound, I think we are going to shoot for May 7. That'll be so much fun.

Here are the pictures of little Jelly Bean and her/his incubator for the next 9 months:

We suck and didn't get a pic this week, we have way too much going on (I'll fill everyone in later).

No comments: