Brooke in Wonderland tagged me:
1. open your first photo folder
2. now scroll to the tenth photo
3. post that photo and story on your blog
4. tag five friends to do the same
This is little J boy just a couple of months ago. It was the end of April and we went to the trot for tots. It is a 5k race to raise money for the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation. This organization was set up after a little boy was killed at our local hospital by a med error, his parents built this organization in an effort to raise money to build a children's hospital in town. Our local hospital is very well known, we fly children and babies in from all over the southeast, but we still can not get the money for a children's hospital (that rant is for another post).
Anyways, Shelley and Bill, both hospitalists at this hospital, ran the race to show their support and I watch the boys while they ran. They had a bounce house, which is something that all little boys love! This is baby J's first time in one of these, he was hysterical. As you can see in this picture, he can barely stand, he was on his way down when I clicked this one. He just kept laughing and laughing!!!
3. Ashley Brooke
Anyways, here is a post for Shanna. She just posted a nursing shirt called "you know you're a nurse when." The shirt I am posting about today is "Top 10 reasons to attend nursing school:"
10. To hear, "If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, don't bother."
9. To expose yourself to rare, exotic and exciting new diseases.
8. To do enough charting to navigate the world.
7. To experience interesting aromas.
6. To learn which body fluids you can and can't work with.
5. To wear fashionable shoes and an attractive, white uniform. (We are more fortunate than most, we wear royal blue scrubs.)4. To learn with injections: "Tis better to give than to receive."
3. To learn how much sleep is actually required to function.
2. To learn how much free time you really do have. (At least with a lack of free time I generally spend less money.)
1. To become one of the proud, committed, caring RNs.
Ok, done done done!!! This was a mighty big post. Enjoy your Thursday, I am off and plan on spending a good amount of time reading My Sister's Keeper. :)