Sunday, April 25, 2010

PSA

I need to make a little public service announcement. ATVs are not for children, do not put your child on an ATV by themselves, with a friend, or even with you their parents. ATVs are not safe, as soon as we had our first real spring weekend here we had a number of children injured on ATVs.

I personally took care of a preschool aged child who was very hurt and life flighted to our hospital. That same day there was a girl who was 7 who was riding an ATV with her Uncle and died. Their ATV flipped and it landed on her, killing her from crush injury. I know some parents will rationalize this post by saying that is only two accidents, they are freak accidents, but they are not. These are two that I personally know of, can you imagine all those that aren't heard about. Anyways, I personally would not put myself on an ATV because adults are killed on them as well; however, it is your job as parents to protect your children. It isn't always about what is fun, it is about keeping your children safe.

Anyways, on a positive note, I have all but on page of our wedding website completed. You can check it out on www.phillipandmeghan.com. The one page that I am still working on is Things To Do while in the Keys. There are a ton of things to do down there, I am trying to narrow it down to about a half dozen things to advertise. I am going to work on calling some places this week to see if I can get a discounted price for our guests.

I am getting so excited about my wedding, T minus about 7 and a half months!

3 comments:

Becca said...

AWE! That is just so sad about those two children. While we were visiting with family, about 3 girls between the ages of 5 and 7 were riding one. Autumn got on too but just to sit there. I wouldn't let her ride with them. One flipped on me when I was riding with my Dad in highschool and messed up my ankle. Crutches are no fun!

Your website is great! Y'all are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to read all about it!

Annie said...

that is really scary to read, my dad has a mini atv and he takes my nephew on it all the time. They just go around the city block but still!

how exciting that your wedding is only a little over 7 months away!! I will have to check out your website!

hope all is well hun! :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very sad. I hate hearing stuff like this.
I'll concentrate on the wedding stuff instead...YAY!!