So I made oreo truffles...I got the recipe off Bakerella's website. My friend Meghan is having a baby (due July 6) and I am throwing her baby shower on June 5. Well we were having a hard time deciding on the food to serve because we don't want it to cost a fortune (since this will be her third baby shower) and I came up with a genius idea. Dessert themed! I love sweets and so does preggo Meghan. Anyways, I decided to do a trial run of one of the treats I plan on serving and here at the directions for it.
Gather all the ingredients you need (which is such a small number), a box of oreos, white baking chocolate, and 8oz of cream cheese.
Don't forget the chihuahua for clean up crew!
1. Put oreos into a food processor reserving 7 (processed) oreos to sprinkle on for decoration purposes.
This is what the oreos should look like once processed:
2. Combined softened cream cheese and oreo crumbs. I started using a spoon and found it MUCH more time efficient to just get in there and combine them with my hands.
3. Roll oreo mixture into little 1" balls, I was able to get 40 out of the box.
4. Melt chocolate according to directions.
5. Cover the oreo balls with chocolate. I did this by dropping the oreo ball into the melted chocolate and then spooning chocolate on it instead of trying to roll the ball around in the chocolate.
6. Remove the chocolate covered truffle and place on a wax paper sheet.
7. Sprinkle the reserved oreos onto the truffles for decorations.
The Black Tux + Nordstrom = Happy Couples
16 hours ago