Saturday, November 12, 2011

4 weeks, Oct 28!

4 Weeks (October 28, 2011)
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 4 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a poppy seed. This is what babycenter.com has to say about Baby Jelly Bean's journey:

How your baby's growing:
This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. As a result, this is the time when she'll be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with her development.
Right now your baby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop.
The primitive placenta is also made up of two layers at this point. Its cells are tunneling into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for your blood to flow so that the developed placenta will be able to provide nutrients and oxygen to your growing baby when it starts to function at the end of this week.
Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house your baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion her as she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces your baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure, I'm hoping nothing. I go to my first OB appt on 11/3, I'll have a reference range from my appointment because I went to the OB for my annual back in August.

Maternity Clothes: Nope, just my normal clothing--though I feel like they are a bit snug but I think it is just because I'm a little bloated.

Gender: No idea! Hubby and I are both thinking girl because we both come from families with lots of girls.

Movement: Nope, not yet, but I'm excited for that to happen.

What I miss: Sleeping.

Sleep: Pretty terrible. I don't know if it is because I'm excited or what but this lack of sleep thing is crap! I need to get a bit more sleep, this baby needs to grow.

Symptoms: I pee all the time...all the time, my lower back in a little sore, my abdomen is crampy and last and most surprising is how oily my hair is! It is ridiculous.

Cravings: Nothing really, I think I'm a bit more thirsty then usually but nothing yet.

Best Moment this week: Finding out that we are going to have a little baby in our home in 9 months! I still can't believe it!

What I am looking forward to: My OB appointment next week to confirm that we are going to be parents.

Here are the pictures of little Jelly Bean and her/his incubator for the next 9 months (I look so bloated!):






6 comments:

sprinkles said...

Ummmmmm, I have all those same symptoms but am most definitely NOT pregnant!!!

Unknown said...

you look great! so happy :)
can't wait to read more!

Cole said...

Woohoo!!!! You are going to be a great mom. :-)

Becca said...

You are adorable! :}

allison said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you!! Me next!! LOL

LWLH said...

You look so happy!
Oh girl, I'm so excited for you :)