Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hey hey hey hey!

I've got a job, I've got a job, I've got a job hey hey hey hey!!!!

I interviewed yesterday at our community hospital (NFRMC) and I was offered the position during the actual interview. It was unofficial of course since HR has to be the one to offer it, but by the time I walked back to the HR building the nurse recruiter actually had the official offer for me. :) I felt so good. I still went to the interview at Shands today and the nurse manager was really nice and the facility is new and gorgeous, but I felt compelled to take the offer at NFRMC. I honestly can't pin point a real perfect reason I did that, but it just felt right. I start at NFRMC on their hem/onc (cancer) floor on 7/12. I am so excited!

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and those of you who are still struggling with the job hunt, I'm still thinking of you all.

Now I'm hunting for scrubs, because I don't want to spend $40 per set before I have a job. The hunt is on for scrubs that are used but in good shape...fingers crossed. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I am with ya on the scrubs! My hospital requires us to wear ceil blue which is the same I wore in nursing school so me being a penny-pincher....I removed the stitches from my student patches on the sleeve and wore my old ones...I just had to buy 2 new tops and 1 new bottom and right now while I'm working 5 days a week I wash mid-week because I only have 3 pair. I have Cherokee Workwear and they're like 27 dollars a set so not too bad. It just sucked because when I actually start in the OR I will wear hospital scrubs so I felt like it was a waste to spend money on any!

P.S. Congrats on the job...I'm sure you'll love oncology!

Kirsty Girl said...

Congratulations Meg that's wonderful! Your comment cracked me up pretty bad over at my blog! Your poor kids hahaha ;D

Becca said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

I am soooo super happy for you! I knew that you were going to do well in your interview! I bet it feels like a ton of bricks have been lifted off now that you found a job!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Cole said...

Way to go!! Smart facility to offer you a job right away! :-)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! That is all!!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! That's so great! You should be so proud of yourself! Can you wear any scrubs, or do they have to be a certain or color?

Meeko Fabulous said...

That's fabulous news! Congrats dear!

sprinkles said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! Now if only I could find one. Grrrrrrr! I don't get what I'm doing wrong but no one has called me for an interview or returned my calls when I've called to follow up.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog saying you're praying for me to find one. If it's not too much to ask, please continue to do so!

redwhitebride said...

congrats!!! that's great! post pic of you with the scrub :)

LWLH said...

Oh my goodness....congrats girl, I'm so happy for you