Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A ray?

Could this be a ray of sunshine through my lately cloudy sky? We will just have to wait and see. I will give you a quick run down of my possible ray. Today I went to the local community hospital here to meet with the nurse recruiter. Needless to say, she nor her secretary were very happy with the me just showing up sans appointment (oh well). Anyways, she came out of her office and called my name and was quite short when she said "I just have a couple of minutes we can talk in here (she lead me into a conference room instead of her office)." I started out this "meeting" by saying I just had a couple of questions about the hiring process. I rattled them off (I won't bore you all with them), anyways, she answered them all basically summed it up by saying the job posted on their website are really for experienced nurses because they just hired far too many GNs (graduate nurses or new nurses); however, and this is a BIG however, she is meeting with the nurse manager on the hem/onc (cancer) floor that I am interested in tomorrow morning about possibly filling these open positions with new nurses--she said she will call me as soon as she gets out of this meeting, AND if she says yes to filling them with new nurses she will definitely get me an interview! An interview, you all hear that? That is a chance. **sigh**

After being at the hospital I went over to the mall and met my preggo friend Meghan there. We always have a nice time together, she actually took boards yesterday and passed, so now we can play. Well we had lunch and then shopped, about midway through our day I realized I had a missed call being an ass I said to Meghan "watch it have been a call for an interview, lol." Sure as shit, it was. A 154 bed rehab center called to set up an interview with me for next week. I have an interview next week, on Tuesday. Keep my in your thoughts everyone, I am so stoked. Maybe things are taking a turn for the better. Oh dear God, let's keep out fingers crossed that things are taking that turn.

One more quick side note, you know how I said that I needed a cute little title for my cooking posts well who of all people came up with one? My love Phillip did, he says I should call it "The misadventures of a chef in training" I think I am going to abbreviate is MCIT. Love it. Well I think I am going to cook up something tasty tomorrow night or Friday if I get home too late tomorrow (I'm watching the boys for a bit), hopefully I will be able to make it fab and will keep you all up to date on it!

Thanks for all your constant good thoughts. :)

5 comments:

Kirsty Girl said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
The pictures in the post are actually of where my guy and I are going to be building our home soon. It's Tasmania, Australia.

My blog is mostly going to be focused on that... plus the other girly kinda stuff that every good blog needs! haha

Good luck job hunting!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your interview!

allison said...

Hey Sweetie--I know it's hard to get your foot in the door when you're new. That's such a bummer, and I know how depressing it must be for you. Something has go to work out, and I wish you the best of luck with these interviews!! My mom's actually a nurse manager and was giving me interviewing tips before I went in to mine..She didn't have anything overwhelmingly thought provoking to say though! haha

Becca said...

WOOHOO!! I am so excited for you! I will definitely say a prayer for you come Tuesday but I just know that you will rock it!!!

Love the cute name, Phillip did a good job coming up with that one!

sprinkles said...

Good luck! I've been praying for you and I both to get a job. I haven't gotten an interview in over a month now!

I feel like my resume must have LOSER written all over and I'm the only one who can't see it. It's not like I'm applying for jobs that I don't have the least bit of experience for so I don't get it.

Anyways, hope all goes well with your interview.