Thursday, April 21, 2011

Book Review

I just finished the latest book by Emily Griffin. I love all of her books, I read them when they came out, I actually got into a debate with a girl about one of her books because I recommended it and she thought it was just terrible that it was about cheating. I loved it and thought it was very realistic. I wanted to say wake up girl, the real world isn't a fairytale!

Anyways, back to the book review!



It was another story about love and loss and about getting too comfortable in your current relationship. It was about a family of 4, typical-mom, dad (surgeon), little girl and little boy--then a family of 2, single successful mom and little boy. I don't want to give away the book but single mom meets surgeon dad and the story unfolds. Definitely a good read though!


**Spoiler Alert Ahead**


The single mom sleeps with the sexy successful surgeon but then not only did they sleep together but they fall in love with one another. The man sucks this woman (who desperately needs love) into his vortex (yes I did just blame the man, duh!). Then the man feels guilty, tells his wife and wants to work things out with her--leaving the single mom to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart.

I mean the ending would have been sad regardless if he left his wife and family or left the woman who he sucked into his world. I just feel for the single mom, that's all I'm saying.

Anyways, the book was a very good read, I enjoy all of her books. They are easy reads, chick lit if you will, always nice to enjoy something fresh and easy. :)

1 comment:

LWLH said...

I've been wanting to read that, but I do think it's weird that two of her books are revolved around cheating...Is Emily trying to tell us something..lol



Through The Roses


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Studio Q