Friday, February 12, 2010

MIA...no, PICU. :)

So I've totally been MIA, well I haven't been MIA--I've been in the hospital like woah!

I have been in the PICU for three shifts this week and I've also had two exams in the last two weeks. I am so sick of school, but I only have 77 days left until I'm done! I didn't do so hot on my exam today :/ but instead of freaking out I decided to just embrace it and kick butt on my final in a few weeks.

Anyways, let's stop talking about school--let's talk weddings!!

We recently just paid our photographer deposit, but that's about it. I still haven't decided on much else. Hopefully this weekend I can get some of it done. I booked an appointment to go to the bridal salon to hopefully (fingers crossed) buy my gown. We put a limit of $1,000 for the dress, so there are a good number of options under that limit. As far as details go, I am EXTREMELY detailed orientated so whenever I think about our wedding I think of all the little things that I plan on us doing.

Here is a sneak peak:

I am definitely ordering these for our champagne toasts. The bar will put one of these in every glass of champagne. You put them in the glass and then fill the glass with champagne and the flowers bubble and tint the champagne pink (perfect)!





These are what I am looking to do for our centerpieces. I am looking basically do 5 vases on a table, one large one and four little ones, all with orchids submerged and lit up by submergable LED lights. I will also probably do a bunch of small glass tea lite vases (different sizes) and put candles in those. We are getting married just before sunset so we can do pictures at sunset, so it will be getting dark just as our reception begins. Here are some ideas of the centerpieces (the first one is most like what I want to do except the vase wont be lit up with only a candle but with the submergable light also):









I haven't decided on tablecloths yet. I really like the idea of doing white tablecloths with colorful accents on it, like the flowers, candles, table numbers, etc. That's really all I've got for you guys this far, I need to really work on some ideas I have for our ceremony so I can see how it all comes together. I'll post that when I get to it.

Also, we have 12 entries in the giveaway I'm doing and we still need some more before we can down the drawing. If you post about it on your blog and then come over and leave me a comment telling me you did this you will get an extra entry in the giveaway. Head over here to enter if you haven't already: http://mrosev14.blogspot.com/2010/02/giveaway-because-cancer-sucks.html

Have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

Katie said...

You have great taste! All of your ideas are so beautiful and classy :)
Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

LWLH said...

Love the orchids and the LED light idea...so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your test, but it sounds like you have a good plan for fixing it! The ideas thus far sound great...keep us updated!

Becca said...

I LOVE all those centerpieces. Your wedding and reception is going to be so gorgeous. Yay for almost being done with school! So happy for you!