Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My absence

I took a week off of blogging, well I actually took a week off of my life to study. I locked my life down. No computer, no TV, nothing enjoyable. Roman still got to go to the dog park, which I enjoyed as well. Other than that, it was me and my bible, a.k.a. my review book.

Aside from studying over the last week I threw out my back (which is still sore) and got sick, I think it was solely the stress. We were allowed to change the date of our boards up until 24 hours before hand, needless to say, at 0300 on Tuesday morning (I had until 0800 to change it) I lost my shit. I was freaking out. Luckily I had a friend who graduated a year before me working at the hospital and she signed onto Gtalk...she talked me off the ledge. I didn't change my appointment and with that being said I took boards this morning at 0800.

I got to the testing center about 15 minutes early, and found two of my fellow classmates taking boards today too. They got me all set up, scanned my finger, scanned both my left and right hand veins which tied to a picture they took of me in the system and then a procter man went over all the rules with me. He handed my a whiteboard and marker sat me in cubicle 2 and I was off. I had 6 hours to take the exam which included the time it took for me to go through the initial tutorial. The test was hard as crap, I felt like I didn't know anything on it. It used to be just a multiple choice exam but now they have questions that have five answers and you are supposed to pick all that apply. I had SO many of those questions. It was awful. The least number of questions you can get is 75 and the most is 265, it is contoured to each individual tester, i.e. if you get an OB question wrong you are then prompted with another OB question. Anyways, it was the hardest test of my life, I almost cried on like question number 7 because I felt like I just knew nothing that was on the test. Well 45 minutes after sitting down I got question number 75 and the test shut down. I either bombed the shit out of it or I aced it. I can't handle waiting to find out. I'll find out tomorrow if I passed or failed. I wish I could just be sedated for the next day.

That's all I've got for you all, I'll be back (Lord willing) with good news tomorrow. I'm so scared. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.


sprinkles said...

I have no doubt that you passed with flying colors!

I had to take a typing test today and kind of froze up. The keyboard was kinda stiff and the keys were hard to push down. Not nearly as stressful as your test, I know, but it still stressed me a little bit.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Becca said...

I will say a little prayer for you. I can't imagine how stressful it must be preparing for that test. I am sure you are dying to know your test results!!! I bet you did great though! Please update us with the good news soon!

Oh and I liked Dear John a lot but I prefer the book much more. I almost hate reading the books before watching movies because I am constantly comparing the two!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am crossing my fingers for you. I have 2 friends who took that exam and I remember them being totally stressed too. It is a huge deal-