Saturday, February 25, 2012

16 weeks! January 31, 2012

16 Weeks (January 31, 2012)
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of an avocado (mind you, our baby measured larger then the estimated 2 inches at our 10 weeks appt--I may or may not be giving birth to a toddler!). This is what babycenter.com has to say about Gummy Bear's journey:

How your baby's growing:
His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 12 lbs, as of my OB appt two weeks ago. I worry that it is too much but my OB assured me that it is all good and to just relax, lol.

Maternity Clothes: Yup, aside from sweat pants almost everything I wear is maternity. Finally ordered some maternity scrub pants...thank goodness. I am so much more comfortable now!

Gender: No idea. Hubby swears up and down it's a girl and one of the girls I work with swears up and down it's a boy--we'll find out on Feb 10. I do have nursery themes and names picked out for each sex!

Movement: Nope, not yet, but I'm excited for that to happen.

What I miss: Nothing really.

Sleep: Ok, I am getting uncomfortable and flip from side to side...often!

Symptoms: My main symptom is my hyper sensitive gag reflex. If I cough I gag--it's disgusting!

Cravings: Nothing lately, I am trying to eat healthier but it isn't working as well as I'd like it too.

Best Moment this week: A couple of pressies I ordered for baby bean arrived in the mail, I got so excited!

What I am looking forward to: The main thing I am looking forward to is finding out the baby's sex, I can't wait to find out if it is a little girl or a boy!

Here are the pictures of little Jelly Bean and her/his incubator for the next 9 months:



No comments: