Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2 Year Plan

We've got a plan my friends! The hubby and I have been talking about when we want to start a family, but we have been on different plans--he wanted to wait until our 3 year anniversary, but I wanted to start trying at our 2 year anniversary. He kept saying no to 2 years, and it made me sad, but I can't back my hubby into a corner.

Well today we met at the hospital for lunch and he said that he had been thinking about it and decided that 2 years could work--under one condition, he wants to make sure he is getting his masters in something he wants. Currently he is working doing research for the department of surgery at UF but he thinks it is kind of a dead end job, he likes it but there is no place for him to go up with it. As his wife, how could I not respect that. He said that he wants to make sure he is not going from dead end job to dead end job with a family, he is such a good man.

Anyways, there are three calculus classes that he needs to take before he can enter into a Masters in statistics--we are hoping he can do the first one this summer. I am so proud of my hubby for pursuing a masters degree. :)

Anyways, for all you girls, how did you guys decide when you would start trying, or what is your baby plans? I am super excited about this!

6 comments:

LWLH said...

Big Man has crazy baby fever...if he could he would knock me up right now but we decided to wait and to try next year after we take our big honeymoon...we'll enjoy a year of newlywed-dom and save some money for a house and then get to making babies! :)

Unknown said...

Awww I'm so excited for you guys :)

Shannon said...

That's great that you came to a compromise. My hubby initially said he wanted to wait 5 YEARS!! Then I pointed out in 5 years I'll be 35 and it gets much harder to conceive then so that helped him agree to push up the schedule :)

Jillian said...

awwwww yay!! I am so happy for you!!!

You two sound like a lovely couple.

We kind of just said when it happens, it happens, we found out we were expecting shortly before our second anniversary!

Becca said...

Oh my!!! That is SOOOOOOO exciting! You better still be in touch with me during that time because I cannot wait to hear all about your pregnancy and see y'alls precious baby!!!

Autumn was a complete surprise for us {obviously, I was only 18} but Aubrey was definitely planned. Our money situation or anything didn't matter then, we just wanted a sibling close in age for Autumn. I think I will be ready to start trying for baby number 3 in a few months. Hubby needs a bit more convincing! HA!

allison said...

So exciting for you! I'd be so excited to be able to have kiddos!!



Through The Roses


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Studio Q