Wednesday, November 23, 2011

7 weeks, Nov 18!

7 Weeks (November 18, 2011)
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 7 Weeks

Size of baby: According to babycenter.com the baby is about the size of a blueberry. This is what babycenter.com has to say about Gummy Bear's journey:

How your baby's growing:
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.
If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 5lbs, OMG! I need to slow the heck down, I think that weight gain is from me being vegetarian and starting to eat meat--yummy!

Maternity Clothes: Yep, hubby bought me jeans that I love love love! (Thanks honey.)

Gender: No idea, I had two different subconscious thoughts last night that it was a girl--we'll find out on Valentine's Day!

Movement: Nope, not yet, but I'm excited for that to happen.

What I miss: Nothing really.

Sleep: Much better, this past week I've still been flipped from work but I honestly haven't made an attempt to flip back.

Symptoms: I pee all the time, I've also been nauseated, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to have a snack and OMG do I get bloated--holy crap.

Cravings: Nothing really, I am eating a bit more then usual though!

Best Moment this week: My friend Meghan bought some wonderful stuff for baby Jelly bean and it is so cute--it gets me so excited!

What I am looking forward to: Going to the just between friends consignment sale with my friend Meghan next week. That should be fun, I went with her two years ago when she was preggo with Bree, it was cool and this year I get to actually buy stuff!

Here are the pictures of little Jelly Bean and her/his incubator for the next 9 months (Holy big belly, WTF?!?!):





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a vegetarian!