Monday, March 30, 2009

RELAY!!

Ok, ok-Sara is holding a gun to my head giving me a option if I don't get posting more often. Clearly with her option or posting, I'll take posting.

We are kicking off our Relay for Life fundraising today and I'm so excited. That excitement is not sarcasm, but I am honestly excited about it. I have drafted our fundraising email that will go out to my family and Phillip's family's friends tonight. That email is the one that goes through Relay and gives people a link right to our donation page, I've also made a status update on facebook about it (not that any of my poor college friends have money, but you never know!) I know posting the link up here is a shot in the dark, but I figure it couldn't hurt. If you are fortunate enough to be able to make a donation, (the minimum allowed online is $5) we would love to have your support because every little bit, big or small helps! Here is the link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09National?px=10200473&pg=personal&fr_id=13387
Also, I totally wouldn't mind if you wanted to pass this link off to your super rich friends, lol. No seriously though, if you know anyone who would like to donate please pass it on. :)

Another thing, I am working on getting some fundraisers together. We are doing some as a nursing program but I would love for Phillip and I to do some as an individual team. I was thinking of selling luminaries. I think that doing them for $5 a piece is reasonable, but do you think $3 for 1 or $5 for 2 would be more enticing. Another option is to leave it up to donation for the individuals, but I am afraid some people wont give but 50 cents and then without a baseline I would still have to do it. With the luminaries, I will have people if their here decorate their own luminaries with markers, glitter, etc. but if people far away wanted to buy a luminary they could email me the name of the honoree as well as a tribute message and I will decorate one for them. My friend Beth also mentioned making these super cute flower pins, but I think they will be too time consuming (well at least with someone as crafty challenged as me) so maybe just doing some cute purple ribbon pin for people, what do you all think? Please, those creative souls out there in blog land, send me both your creativity as well as your fundraising ideas. Muchas gracias!!

Another thing, I'm a bit worried about Phillip and the whole Relay thing. I am so totally excited that he's willing to participate, but at the same time, I'm worried about his physcological health. I think that this is going to be emotional, it will be emotional for me, for everyone, but for someone who has a Dad dying of cancer it hurts, you know? I don't think there is anything we can do to lesson the sting, but I am worried. I know he is an adult so obviously he would say that he doesn't want to do it, but I think there are times when we don't think it will be emotional and it hits us. I know I thought I would be fine at the breast cancer half marathon and wow, did some of it just hit me. Here I am running my bum off at mile 6 or 7 and I'd see something that would put tears in my eyes. Who knows, I guess everyone is different.

I love you all, thanks for your support!

No comments:



Through The Roses


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Studio Q